The acknowledgment of the work
Valtea is, within a technical definition, a young Albariño varietal that comes from a vintage made with grapes handpicked at their peak of maturity.
Selected vines are used for the elaboration of Valtea. These are carefully looked after before the first cluster appears until the wine leaves the cellar. The work performed by the technical director at the winery, the enologist Carla Gonzalez Chao, is based on enhancing the natural characteristics of the Albariño grape, performing an elaboration process that begins with the selection of the best bunches. Sorted grapes are carefully pressed and fermentation is controlled with modern techniques periodically, although the process is always supported by the observation and knowledge of the technical team.
Apparence: Straw-yellow colour with green and golden glints, clean and bright.
Aroma: Intense fruity nose of apricot, pineapple and apple with hints of white flowers.
Taste: Full and fleshy palate with a balanced acidity that gives it freshness. Persistent with an elegance and lingering finish.
Serving temperature: 10-12 ºC.
Food pairing: This wine can be enjoyed with fish, seafood, fresh cheese.
- Guía de Vinos de Galicia 2014.
- Radio Turismo 2011.
- Concurso Mundial de Bruselas 2008.
- 'Liquormonde Selection' Japón, 2007.
- LXI Fiesta del Albariño de Cambados 2013.
- Decanter World Wine Awards 2013.
- International Wine Challenge, Catavinum 2013.
- Guía de Vinos de Galicia 2013.
- International Wine Competition Bacchus 2008, 2009 y 2010.
- Decanter World Wine Awards 2012
- Asociación Gallega de Catadores 2011: 94 puntos.
- Robert Parker 2010: 89 puntos.
- Guía Peñín 2010: 91 puntos.